Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Wear it to Work!

It has been a while since I did one of these bad boys. What are your thoughts on this feature? If you like it, I will keep it around!

Shirt: Target    Vest: Target
Stick straight. I am not sure if I have mentioned this before, but I have a bit of OCD when it comes to my hair. If I am going for the sleek and straight look, you best believe that every last inch of my hair will be straightened. There is no just waving a straightener through my hair really quick. It is meticulous, and it is precise. And it is exactly why I rarely take the time to do it!
Tank: F21   Cardigan: F21
 This is quite the opposite. I wanted a looser look, and therefore spent probably half the time I normally do with a straightener. Curling under at the bottom gives a softer look, and also adds a little volume as well. By the way, I am having a bit of bangs identity crisis going on. My bangs are not sure if they are still bangs, or joining the ranks of the rest of my hair. Honestly, I don't know either. Sometimes, all I want is for my hair to be all on length. And sometimes, I see Rashinda Jones' hair in I love You, Man (See it HERE) and I want my bangs back! What should I do?????? 
Shirt: F21   Vest: Coldwater Creek (yeah you read that correctly!)
 BREAKING NEWS: I lost my Sea Spray bottle! Like it must have gotten up and walked away from my hair products, because it is no where to be found. If you know of the whereabouts of said Sea Spray, please let me know. In the meantime, I have hijacked Nick's hair stuff, and will be holding it hostage. I got this look from B.Jones Natural Waves hair tutorial.  (or some variation, because I don't have all the tools/products she does) One thing I am grateful for is my thick hair behaves pretty well with styling, and holds most curls. 
Denim Shirt: F21   T-Shirt: F21  Glasses: Ray Ban   Ring: Tiffany's (thanks baby!)
 Nerdy Librarian/ Sleepy head? First of all, can I just say that I love my oversized denim shirt. It can be thrown over everything, and has now basically replaced all of my cardigans. Guys, you should be really proud of me for only having one top bun in the feature this week. Actually, these pictures were all from like three or four weeks of work, so I am sure that I wore a bun a few more times. Also, rest assured that I did not wear The Beatles shirt twice in one week. 
Cardigan: Nordstrom  V-Neck: Bloomingdale's   Glasses: Ray Ban
This is one of my riskier hairstyles for me. While it may look like a simple and sleek ponytail, it is so much more to me. You see I have a lot of hair, and it has become sort of a security blanket to me. For my hair to be slicked back, with none of it showing when I face forward, is kind of scary. It is tough for me not to hide behind my hair, and to face the world head on (literally). I hope one day I can be confident enough for people to just see me, and not be distracted by my hair. This is a step in the right direction.
Photobucket

9 comments:

Anna said...

I looove when you do this! I basically want to be you, so obviously I appreciate when you give me inspiration. lol

And I promise I'm working on getting you your gift card!

Kym @ Travel Babbles said...

I loveee the sexy librarian look!

Shay said...

You are so adorable and I love this feature- keep it!

Jessica M. said...

I really like this feature! It's gives me ideas on what I can do for myself as well, because I also have thick hair. I think you should keep it around. :)

*JRB

kelcy ☼ said...

I LOVE your top bun & oversized denim shirt! So cute :)
I wish I could pull something like that off, but my bun would just turn out horribly....

<3

[SMASH] said...

Forever in love with your hair. <3 I want to try and work on my natural waves!

Mrs. C said...

Such a cute and fun post! Love the concept! So glad I found and now follow your blog! Love it!

www.mrscapretta.com
Recipes Fashion Marriage

Olivia.Dee said...

i hear ya on the straight hair. AND the bangs that don't know what their doing. It does not make for an easy morning in the hot summers! bleh.

Rach said...

I love these posts! You always look so pretty :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...