Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Serious Talent

I have decided that I want to start introducing you to some seriously talented people on here. I would love my blog to be a place that people come to discover new and interesting people!
 
One of my favorite things about seeing what old friends are up to these days, is seeing them actually be able to follow their dreams! So when I saw my friend Mallory going to FIDM, and chasing her Stylist dreams, I was so excited for her.

She is about to graduate from FIDM, with a degree in Merchandise Marketing, and working with some pretty amazing well-known stylists in Los Angeles. In her spare time, she does shoots with her friends. How about that for some inspiration for doing what you love? Watch that horizon, because she will be a big name in the Fashion Industry one day.

Meet Mallory!
 
What made you want to get into the fashion industry?
It started with a love for clothes that grew into a love for fashion. I began to see clothes as art, wearable art. Being creative by nature, the only thing that I really love doing is working with clothing in all of its elements.
Whose work influences you the most?
        I am honestly influenced by my friends, who are all incredibly talented and creative.
What celebrity has the best style?
        Not a big follower of celebrities, but obviously Mary Kate & Ashley Olson. They take risks, appreciate fine vintage and clothing, and stay true to their personal styles regardless of what anyone thinks or says.
How would you describe your style?
        I dress based on my mood and my style is all over the place. I love and appreciate all sorts of decades, odd garments, funky prints and outrageous colors. I’ll try anything once and twice or three times if I love it. I typically pick out one item I want to wear then base an outfit around it.
What is your most important piece of fashion advice?
        Shoes make or break the outfit, just sayin.
What is your favorite item in your closet?
        Every item in my closet is my favorite, otherwise it wouldn’t be in my closet :] However to name a few of my loves… my vintage tan pleated long sleeve chiffon mini dress, my go to classic silver Chanel flats, the most beautiful khaki trench coat with the fluffiest fox fur collar and my 21st birthday gift, the Givenchy mini black Pandora bag.
Who are some of your favorite designers right now?
        Mary Katrantzou, Alexander Wang, Chloe’, Proenza Schouler, Dries Van Noten
What inspires you?
        I find inspiration in everything. Nature, music, LA, art, places I travel to, my friends, and of course the industry. However, when styling, my main source of inspiration usually comes
from the garment itself.
What is the most important accessory?
        Shoes and handbags are the most important, and then there are cocktail rings…
What do you never leave the house without?
        A jacket and lipstick
Is there anything else you would like to share?
        Wear garments that inspire you and make you happy! :]

Would you like to see some of her awesome work???
 Photographers: Neave Bozorgi & Alex Martino

Those are some truly beautiful shots, with amazing style! I just know Mallory will be successful in the Fashion Industry, and can't wait to do what she does next! If you want to see some more of her work, check out her Style Portfolio!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

She has great style and it's so fun to see people who are living their dream! :) You go girl!

Ly said...

Wow she's amazing!! Thank you for introducing her.

http://www.lyzhang.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...