Sunday, January 2, 2011

it's a new year!

Happy New Year everyone!!!!!! I just got done with an EPIC new years weekend. I felt beyond blessed to be able to celebrate surrounded by amazing people! My bestie, Jenny and her boyfriend were in town, and we went out on the town.

Luckily my bestie and I agreed that we didn't want to make any extravagant New Years plans. Getting dressed up and spending a ridiculous amount of money seemed like too much of a hassle this year. And I am a big believer that New Years is too built up anyways, so it almost always ends up a let down. So this year, my plan was to not make a plan, therefore I couldn't be disappointed. And let me tell you, it turned out great!
Reunited and it feels sooo good!
I couldn't think of a better person to bring in the new year with.  This was our second New Years together, and hopefully there will be many more!
We are kind of strange together. I am pretty sure that both of our boyfriends are a little freaked out by our relationship. She is the person who can read my mind before I say anything, and then laugh hysterically with me about it for the next hour.

 Right here, for example, we had developed a new dance move. (Involving putting perfume on your wrists. Don't ask.) Everyone else thought we were crazy, but we of course thought it was hilarious. Best. Friends.
OKAY, so this wasn't taken at midnight, but still. I am so lucky to have a gorgeous supportive man to kiss at midnight. 

The night went amazing! I really believe that as long as you surround yourself with great people, there is no way you can't have a great time. 

And thanks to Kelsey at Eat, Drink, Be a Tourist. I found a fun little New Years quiz, to recap my year! 

What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
Started a blog. :) Got a grown-up job!

Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't remember my resolutions from last year? Maybe my resolution this year should be to be less forgetful. My resolutions are to get my butt in shape and to be organized.

What countries did you visit?
I have never been out of the country. Maybe this year!

What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
An ability to budget money, and spend wisely. 

What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory?
September 25th, May 22nd.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Graduating from school and finding a grown-up job.

Did you suffer illness or injury?
Lots of colds but that is about it.

What was the best thing you bought?
Haha I had no money this year. So, I don't think I had any amazing purchases. 

Where did most of your money go?
Rent, food, gas...I could go on...

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
When I found out I got a job that will be my actual career. 

What song will always remind you of 2010?
ANY Glee song!
"Poke Her Face" Kid Cudi
"Lucky" Jason Mraz
"Pursuit of Happiness" Kid Cudi, Steve Aoki remix.

Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? 
Happier! My life is coming together, and I am growing up with my boyfriend by my side. 
thinner or fatter? I plead the 5th.
richer or poorer? A little richer. But now I have student loans to pay off. 

What do you wish you'd done more of?
Exercising and traveling.

What do you wish you'd done less of?
Worrying about things that don't need worrying about. 

How did you spend Christmas?
In Fresno with the whole family like I do every year. (More stories to come.)

Did you fall in love in 2010?
Fell in love! Falling more in love every single day. 

What was your favorite TV program?
How I Met Your Mother and Glee. Hands down.(Heck yeah Kels!)

What was the best book you read?
I don't remember? That is bad.

What was your greatest musical discovery?
Mumford and Sons and Ghostland Observatory. 

What did you do on your birthday?
Went out in Pacific Beach with some friends. Lost my license for the second weekend in a row, and found it for the second weekend in a row. MIRACLE!

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Getting an offer to write a novel and get paid 489758473029831 dollars.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
A mix of fashion forward and a blast from the past. Hopefully with more funds this year I will create my ideal wardrobe!

What kept you sane?
My boyfriend. Whenever I take a drive to crazytown, he knows exactly how to bring me back home. 

Who was the best new person you met?
Everyone! I love meeting new people and making new friends!

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
Surround yourself with good people, and you will flourish in happiness and love.

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"I'm on the pursuit of happiness, and I know everything that shines ain't always gonna be gold"

I hope you all had a great 2010, and hope even more that you have an AMAZING 2011! Also, be prepared for my 3 part Christmas tale coming up. Yes, there is 3 parts to the story, get excited.

New Year. New Complications!

4 comments:

Olivia.Dee said...

"an ability to budget money and spend wisely" is on my list too! I've failed the last 24 years... so maybe this is lucky 25 for me?! happy new year!

Pia said...

Happy new year! :)

I have decided to never make big plans for New Year's again. Like you said, if you make big plans, you'll most likely get disappointed.
Sounds like you had a fun night!

-Sam I Am- said...

Who needs to dress up and spend moola when you have fun friends like yours?! You look gorgeous and it looks like you had such a great New years! How fun :) Best of luck with all your resolutions my dear!

maria said...

happy new year, lovely!
great post - i'm with you in the hope the 2011 brings us the ability to spend our pennies wisely! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...