Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter in Orange County!

**all photos taken from my lovely and talented mother**
I don't know about you guys, but one of the things I value most in life is family. No matter how many friends come and go, your family will always be your family. You only get one of them, so I try to spend as much time with them as I can. 

So it would make sense that my favorite part of Holidays is getting to spend extra time with my kick ass fam! We decided to spend this Easter in Orange County, although we were sad to be missing three of the Mercado's (Shea, Sarah, and baby Parker). 

We started the weekend the way every sunny weekend should be started, at the beach.

It was SUCH a beautiful day! We lounged, we ate, we listened to music. My brother Bryn and I even ran some pretty legit Football plays near the water. There may not be video proof, but trust me, I have quite the arm. Catching the ball, on the other hand, is not my best quality...

We decided to finish the night at a swanky Bowling Alley in Newport! Bryn's girlfriend Erynne joined us for a night of food, drinks, and me kicking everyone's butt in bowling (alright that last part might not be entirely true).
{just ignore the fact that it looks like I have super dark lipliner on. I don't}
 {Presh}

{Setting up for one of my many strikes I am sure}
{My dad and I. Gosh I look SO pale these days}
We had an amazing time, besides the fact that our waitress wasn't the best, and she was quite rude as well (telling me that I didn't order what I said I did...ruuuuude). I hadn't been bowling in SO long, but I was sure that my semester class in college (which I got a "B" in) would pay off. 

Good news! It did! I came from behind and ended up beating my overly confident brother by 1 POINT!!! Do you need proof? Well I just so happen to have it...

See that KA? That is me! Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

(We shall not discuss the atrocity that was my score during the second game. Let's just say, I might have gone from First to Last)

We spent Easter Sunday at Mariner's church, which had the most inspiring Easter Service! Then we went to Brunch at our usual brunch spot in the OC. Followed by going to see the Hunger Games one more time (p.s. it gets better the second time!!)

I had an amazing weekend with my family, and I can't wait to see them again. I appreciate all of them so much, and am so thankful to be able to spend time with them as often as I do. We are truly blessed to have each other, and I never forget it!

Hope you guys had an awesome Easter Weekend too!!
Photobucket

1 comment:

gina said...

Looks like fun. And you don't look pale...you look great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...