Thursday, May 5, 2011

Awkward and Awesome


Okay. I have come to the conclusion that Awkward is indeed my middle name. Something extremely awkward and uncomfortable happens to me on a daily basis. Please read these so you can see what I deal with every day. Observe...

Awkward
- While Nick and I were on the trolley, I was talking to him about things that I was stressed out about (at a normal volume). Then the girl across from us turns to her boyfriend, and says "Ugh I really don't want to listen to other peoples problems right now"....ummmm then don't eavesdrop?

-While in line to board a plane, the girl in front of me is talking on the phone. She then looks down and yells to the person on the other end "Oh my gosh. I have some really gross looking yellow stuff on my shoe!". Thank you for both making me uncomfortable, and grossing out everyone around you.

- So you know my history with public bathrooms. The other day I was in there, and I kid you not someone was talking on their CELL PHONE in the stall next to me!!!

- The other night I had a dream that I met President Obama, and he then acted out every popular YouTube video. What does dreaming about the president doing Double Dream Hands mean exactly? 

Awesome
-How Awkward I really am! I love this post because Awkwardness and Awesomeness can be one in the same. I choose to celebrate my awkwardness, rather than hide it from the world. So I raise a glass to all of you awkward ducks out there! Own it!

- It is Cinco de Mayo today!!! Nick and I are making carne asada, guacomole, and will be drinking margaritas! Ole! The half Mexican in me would be oh so proud.

- My brother is coming down to San Diego this weekend and we are going to see Thor in IMAX.  My brother is also single ladies!!

- The weather here has been UH-mazing. I just wish I could work outside and soak up the sun all the live long day.

- Hulu is now on XBox! Awesome! I love discovering new TV shows, and now I can watch them on an actual tv. Here are some suggestions, if you are anything like me: The League, Shark Tank, Mad Love, Parks and Recreation, The Voice, and Happy Endings. Check them ouuut!
Photobucket

6 comments:

[SMASH] said...

Hope the 1/2 Mexican in you enjoys this day! :P Whenever someone is talking on the cell phone in the bathroom, I immediately go flush the toilet nearest to them, assuming the person the other end doesn't know they're in the bathroom -- now they do! :D

brookeiam said...

hahaha my mom just talked for about 30 minutes trying to explain to me and kel what "shark tank" is! looks like i'll have to give it a chance now that you like it!!

Earl-Leigh said...

I love the awkward moments in life... after they've passed! They make the best stories. I'm actually going to watch the midnight release of Thor tonight and am super psyched. And I love The Voice, that show is the bomb dot com. Woo-hoo Team Adam!

Shellsea said...

I hate it when someone is talking on the cell phone when im in the potty. Just seems wrong.

Love, Shellsea Blog

Shay said...

I love your awkwardness and am right there with ya! That first one kills me- what a brat to say that to you!

Olivia.Dee said...

my awkward: falling on my butt in front of my work building from just STANDING around.
my awesome: Britney Spears tickets in my hand!

and now... time to catch up on The Voice while in my taco coma. happy cinco de mayo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...