Sunday, June 6, 2010

If You Want to View Paradise...

I have recently been inspired by Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. In this movie Gene Wilder sings a song when they first enter the factory, in which he states "If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it". What an inspired idea! Paradise is all around us...sitting on the couch, driving in traffic (I know, those don't sound like paradise), or for this weekend my roommate Jenn's beautiful Malibu ranch!

Where we met for lunch....ummm hi! I would like to move here!

I absolutely love the old big trees!

Trying to get a little bit of a tan, while enjoying some beers of course! :)

Here is my attempt at capturing the paradise around me. Love it.


I loved it there, and honestly didn't want to leave. But this beautiful day at the ranch was followed by an eventful night in Santa Monica, which embarrassing stories I will save for another day. But let me just say that I ended the night giving high-fives to strangers on the sidewalk, so it must have been a good night!

Now I am back in San Diego determined to look for paradise in any setting! Currently my paradise is watching the Lakers game on my couch...I wonder what it will be tomorrow?

 Until next time :)

1 comment:

Rowdy said...

happiness is where you find it and how you make it. you are correct, it's not limited to a geographical place.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...