Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Stuck in Never Never Land

So I have been recently inspired....

Spending hours on the couch this summer (please ignore the laziness of that statement) has given me time to discover new movies and watch some that I haven't seen since I was little. I discovered the latter of the two last night, when I decided to put on the movie Hook...

Every little aspect of the movie made me smile, and remember past times. The cute little kids, the mermaids, the pirates (SMEE!!), Peter finding his way again, and of course The Lost Boys.

I dare you to look at this without smiling :)
Image from: Photo Bucket

The Lost Boys struck home for me the most because of my current state of mind. I guess I am a bit of a lost boy right about now. I am in a crossroads of my life, where I am forced to grow up, which is ironically the LAST thing I want to do. I long to wear funky clothes, get in paint wars, think happy thoughts, and of course FLY! Instead I am sifting through job postings, deciding exactly what it is I am going to do with my life....

Where is the world where all that matters is your imagination? Where time stands still, and grown-ups (or bloody pirates) are the enemy? I guess it doesn't really exist....but for now I will stay lost for a little bit and put off growing up for one more day, or a few. :) And if worse comes to worse, at least I have the best costume idea for next Halloween! Thinking happy thoughts!

Until Next Time :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...