One of the best things about moving to a new city is it means one thing...new Date Nights (or day?)!
After living in San Diego for six years, date nights had become a bit stale. The same movie place, the same place for dinner. I was ready for some new adventures! After a couple hours of research, I found some great ideas. Here is a list that I saved on my comp (yes I have that much free time), and I thought I should share with you!
Date Night Ideas in Orange County
(In no particular order)
1. Check out the amazing marine life at the Aquarium of the Pacific. They also have discounted late night rates as well!
2. Like a little challenge with the one you love? Try out rock climbing at Rockreation.
3. The Orange County Museum of Art always has new exhibits, so it can be different each time you visit!
4. As long as you don't get seasick, Whale Watching sounds like a great way to spend a day.
5. A great way to check out local artists, and even see them create art in person, would be to head on over to Push Gallery.
6. The art community in Laguna Beach is always thriving, and it can be seen at their semi-annual SawDust Art & Craft Festival.
7. Gondola Cruises provides a romantic night out on the water, at a pretty reasonable price too! I wonder if they include a singing Italian guy...
8. Laguna Beach hosts an Art Walk the first Thursday of every month!
9. Who doesn't love fresh produce, and homemade yummies? Check out the Farmer's Market hosted by the City of Orange.
10. Irvine is host to the Great Park, where they have a balloon that will take you 500 feet into the air! That sounds like all kind of fun to me!
11. Since Nick says I need cooking lessons, why not do it with the man I love? Black Market Bakery hosts a variety of Cooking Classes each month!
12. Get a group together and rent a Duffy Boat for the day! You can bring your own food and drinks, and spend a few hours on the water. And split between a group of people, the price isn't bad at all. (Bonus!)
13. The Laguna Canyon Winery has a Wine Tasting party the 1st of every month. I love me some good wine!
14. Crystal Cove State Park is known for their Tide Pools (which I love!), and also hosts great monthly events!
15. Rooftop Lounge in Laguna Beach is said to have one of the best views in Orange County....and good drinks of course.
16. Do you love to hike, and love nature? The 10 Mile Back Bay Loop is the place for you...and it is dog friendly.
17. I know we don't have any great forests, but we do have some pretty great views, so why not Camp for the weekend in Orange County.
18. Catalina Island Ferry leaves out of Long Beach, and is a great way to spend a day or a weekend.
19. The Observatory in Santa Ana is supposed to be one of the best places to go for live music, and to check out new local bands. I love music, so this might be the place for me!
20. Want a whole new adventure? Have Brunch at the break of dawn (literally), at this cool concept restaurant.
21. Does your man have two left feet...do you? Pick up a dance class or two at Fullerton Dance!
22. If you guys have a furry friend in common, make sure to check out the Huntington Dog Beach for a fun time for all three of you.
There you have it. My compiled date night list thus far. I hope it can be helpful for all you love birds out there. And if you live in Orange County, and have some great ideas for a fun date, please throw them my way!