Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A Seasonal Recipe!

As you know, I am all about checking things off my Fall Check List. So far I am doing pretty good. One of the things I was most excited about on the list was trying some new, fall inspired recipes. One of my favorite Fall ingredients is pumpkin. Through some pumpkin into the mix, and it is sure to be a delicious treat. So, you can imagine my excitement when i found this recipe...(brace yourself. It is a bit of a mouthful)
Say THAT five times fast! Last weekend I was browsing through Foodgawker (if you don't know what that is, look into it. Pictures among pictures of AMAZING recipes), to find something Fall inspired to bake. I finally stubled upon this recipe, and had to try it for myself. Here is a copy of the recipe from Just Everyday Me for you try for yourself. 

Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Original Recipe from Kirbie's Cravings 

Ingredients:
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 large egg
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (or pumpkin pie spice)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cup oatmeal (optional)




Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheets with parchment paper (I used aluminum foil and it worked well).
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla and egg.
  3. In a medium bowl, whisk together together flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon (pumpkin pie spice), and salt. Add the flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and stir until combined. The dough is very wet.
  4. Stir in the chocolate chips and oats, if you so desire.
  5. Using a medium (1 tbs) ice cream scoop, place dough onto the cookie sheet. The cookies don’t change shape much when baking. If you want prettier cookies, shape them a bit before baking them.
  6. Place the cookie trays in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes (this is optional but I like doing this because I feel like it helps the flavors meld more).
  7. Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly brown and firm. It’s a little hard to know when they’re done exactly but about 10 minutes does it.
These were super easy to make, and SUPER delicious! I would definitely suggest this recipe, especially if you are a Pumpkin and Chocolate fan. Let me know how it goes!

Enjoy!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

These look so yummy! I'm definitely going to make these soon. I e-mailed you the other day concerning the UPrint prize that I won - it wouldn't let me claim my prize so I emailed them and they said something about how you have to give them my info. I forwarded you what they said. Sorrry this is such a pain!

xo,
jessie

wfayew said...

Oh I am making these tonight. Thanks for making me fat.

becky said...

Wow...did you learn how to cook from your mother? Your photographs look good too.

Kym @ Travel Babbles said...

OOOOOOO BABY! Hahaha I am off to the grocery store to pick up some pumpkin. YUM!

xo, Kym
http://travel-babbles.com

Jamie said...

Hi Kai!
I am now a follower of you and your Mom! Love both your Blogs!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...