Friday, August 5, 2011

A Wall

Not to be confused with A.W.O.L., which I have also been from this blog. Honestly, I have hit a bit of a wall.

My followers have been holding steady for the last couple months, which means it hasn't gone down, but it hasn't gone up either. I am aware that my lack of posting might have something to do with it. But sometimes I feel like I have no idea what to write about, and if I do, people don't seem to really notice. It is a vicious circle.

Don't get me wrong, the 194 followers that I do have are ABSOLUTELY the best people in the whole wide world. I would like to think that I have built some great friendships with some of you, and this whole blog thing has been a surprisingly rewarding experience. But, I need to find a way to push forward, to keep my content fresh, and to reinvent myself always.
So that is what I am doing. I am taking a tick to think about what I love about this blog, and what I don't. What can I add that would be cool, awesome, and exciting? I am sure this is a problem that a lot of you guys have at times.

So of course, I would love to hear from my AMAZING followers (did I tell you guys how awesome you were???). What are your thoughts? Your ideas? What do you like to read? What do you look for in a blog???? Please leave a comment, email me, heck send a smoke signal! I want to hear from you.

I also want to make a conscious effort to collaborate with my fellow bloggers a little more. Who is open to collaboration? A cool new feature? Dual giveaways? I am open!!!

I look forward to hearing from all of you, whether it is a quick snippet or a twenty page essay!
Photobucket

5 comments:

wfayew said...

I hit this wall often. And after realizing I've hit the wall is usually when I write my favorite posts. (That and when I'm up late after too many beers and have a pen and paper handy.)

Just write what you want to write. I write about the Bachelor (still) only because my followers ask for it. But then they don't even comment on the posts and I get mad (and dramatic).

I always feel better about my blog when I write what I want to write. Followers or not.

Buuuut yes. We all want more comments, more followers, more action. And I would definitely be into collaborating somehow. I've been trying to think of ways to collaborate with other bloggers myself.

Kar-N said...

For the bloggers that are in a relationship, I like to read about their love story :), how they met and so forth. I like to see a lot of pictures, but you already have that covered with your Instagram obsession, which by the way I'm pretty obsessed with it as well.

Claire Kiefer said...

It's easy to feel that way--I know I do sometimes. Like my blog is stagnant or something. One thing you could do is link up with the series Tara @ Fabulous but Evil (www.fabulousbutevil.com) is hosting today called True Life: I'm a ________ Blogger to introduce you to more bloggers! I linked up today and have already found some great new blogs.

I think you're on the right track, and I still think you have the best layout of anyone around! :)

[SMASH] said...

I like reading about random life... Seeing the fun and happy things you do. I'd love to see more fashion from you because I really like your style. What about creating a fun weekly link-up?

Rach said...

I'd love to do a collaboration or blog swap with you, especially since you are one of the few blogs I have been able to find by a CA girl! I've been feeling a little stagnant lately too, and I feel a little nauseated having so much "me" on my blog. I feel like I need to switch it up for people! I love love your style, so maybe we could do a swap and post on our style, or maybe places we love or what we love about living in CA? If you are down let me know!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...