Another installment of Trendy Tuesday coming at ya! And good news! I am creating a page with buttons for all my features, so hopefully some of you will find them somewhat interesting and want to link up! That would be oh so exciting. Anyhoo, this week is all about one of my favorite eras, and a big trend in the fashion industry today:
Behold the wonderfulness of the 70's. So many beautiful things, so little time. What am I saying, I have all the time in the world right now.....which means I can take it all up gushing about my love for this trend!
- My favorite thing about this trend is the easiness of it all. 70's fashion wasn't about fuss, it was about an effortless glamour.
- I am loving the wide leg trend right now. Don't get me wrong, I love my skinny jeans and will never give them up, but this trend is so much more flattering on all kinds of body types. Make sure you hem them so they graze the floor, it creates a amazing long line. If they can make MY legs look long, then they can make anybody's legs look long!
- The pleated dress in the middle is to die for! A pleated column dress= insta-glamour. Believe it or not my mom had a dress JUST like this, and she allowed me to cut it to pieces and play dress-up in it when I was little. How depressing...
- I love the colors this era was filled with, especially dusty rose and champagne. They are just so dreamy...I mean gosh even the names of the colors are dream inspired.
- When in doubt about the trend, throw on a floppy hat and big sunglasses. It is a big nod to the era, without throwing on the bellbottoms.