Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Daydreaming in Different Decades

Three Words: VINTAGE VINTAGE VINTAGE


I have a slight obsession with vintage clothing. Something about the fashion of the 50's and the 60's fascinates me. The full skirts of the 50's and the beautiful pastel coloring fully encompasses the perfect little house wife. The 60's on the other hand was a time of innovation for fashion....new colors, different lines, and *gasp* pants! Hell...I'm even a fan of the neon spandex "fashion" of the 80's. I DON'T care....if it was made back then I want it!!!!

The Problem: Quality vintage clothing is quite pricey, and my "college-girl" budget completely prohibits me from having my dream wardrobe (a mix between Audrey Hepburn, Edie Sedgwick, and 80's Madonna to name a few). Apparently quality vintage Halston, Chanel, and Diane Von Furstenberg is a bit out of my price range....darnit.

So alas, I am left sifting through the racks at second hand thrift stores looking for those special must-have gems. I have found some pretty fabulous stuff though, including the cutest purses ever!

BUT when I am feeling the need to buy adorable vintage at a reasonable price I have found an amazing website!! Score!! Even if I'm not in the market to buy just yet, everything is so fun to look at! Here it is....

Nasty Gal (don't be fulled by the name, it is fabulous!!)
Ummm hello beautiful sundress...I love you :)
The perfect little party dress..love love love

Ok. Now I want to go shopping....problem? Until next time :)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...