Monday, May 24, 2010

This is an Important One...

WAIT. Before I go on, I must divulge a secret. So, I recently updated my Facebook profile and said that I dropped my phone in the "sink" . Well, this might be a little variation of the truth. I actually dropped it in the toilet, but I thought that was too embarrassing to share with the world. So, this whole weekend I had no phone, which ended up being quite inconvenient. Alright, onto deep thoughts and such....

It's funny. When something comes around that you know is really important, and have been looking forward to for awhile, it's not quite like you expected. 

This weekend i graduated from college! Which was the LONGEST thing I have ever sat through in my entire life. It was so long in fact that my friend that I was sitting next to and I were listening to music on his Ipod throughout a majority of the ceremony. I always thought I would be emotional when this day came, when in reality I was rocking out to some sweet tunes and waiting three hours for my name to be called.

So what does that mean? I'm too cynical? I should be more grateful for where I am and what I've accomplished? Or that I like to dance and I'm ridiculously impatient? (My vote is for the last of the three....but you can make your own judgments)

The highlight of this oh-so-important day was going out to dinner with my family, my boyfriend, and a few friends at Gringo's. I got to open presents, annnnnd soooo exciting...I got a new camera AND my parent's said they are going to buy me a puppy!!!!!!!!!! Then, I continued to order two VERY large pomegranet margaritas (too die for), and then continued to share embarrassing stories about everyone in the family. I don't think I have laughed so hard in quite some time.

Nick (boyfriend), Me, and my Little (Kat) at Gringo's


Finally, we ended the day by going out for celebratory drinks with my brother Shea, and his wife Sarah, other brother Bryn, Nick, and fellow friends Jenn and Taylor. I had so much fun with everyone, and it was the perfect end to a perfect day. 

Queen Sass & Sassafrass at our finest :)

The 2nd and the 3rd best looking Mercado child (you decide the order)

My boyfriend Nick...had to add it. How cute is he?


We can't go on without touching on my brother Bryn's dance which he dubbed "The Move", which he argued was amazing and went with EVERY possible song.


All and all it was a great day. I was so grateful to spend the weekend with my amazing parents and the rest of my family, and share this special moment with all the people I love. Now, onto an amazing summer, and then to decide what it is I want to do with my life (lets just not think about that last part)....


Until next time :) 

1 comment:

SuperMercado said...

THE MOVE does to with EVERY song. or maybe it just seems that way if you are intoxicated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...