Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Shower Power

     This weekend we celebrated Shea and Sarah's beautiful baby boy on the way with a baby shower in my hometown of Bakersfield, CA. Nick and I went up a day early so we could enjoy extra time with the family. I worked from home on Friday, and then Saturday was the day of the shower!
{Daddy and Mommy-to-be}
    Seriously though. Somebody try and say they aren't the cutest couple in the world, I dare you! They are just so adorable, and I know their little boy will be the cutest ever. I am so excited to be Auntie Kai or Tia(in Spanish), pick your poison. Anyways, what is the best part of a baby shower? Presents, duh!
{Their first gift of the day!}
{I don't think there was ever a more appropriate onesie.}
    They were just showered with all kinds of gifts. (Ahhh so THAT'S why its called a baby shower!)  I for one had no idea how many things a little bambino needs. I mean, he is so small, I wouldn't think that he would use all this stuff. Nick and I got him a Bassinet! And he also got lots of cute clothes, and a new car seat. This little boy is going to be rolling in style!
     Then, the blogger in me forced everyone to go into the backyard to take pictures. Not for any other purpose, than I wanted to post them on my blog. Isn't that weird how your brain changes once you start blogging? I take my camera everywhere, because I always think oh that would be so cute for my blog! I guess I am a woman possessed, but it at least forced everyone to capture moments they wouldn't normally think of. 
{The grandparents!}
{Daddy and Mamacita! Which one do I look like?}
{My handsome man}
     Did I mention the food!?!?! It was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! We had some local flavor from a restaurant called Jakes Tex Mex. If you ever happen to go to Bakersfield, please stop there. You will NOT regret it. Then, besides the wonderful Desert Bar shown here, we also had a cake all the way from San Diego! Nothing Bundt Cakes is all kinds of amazing, I could eat the frosting all by itself. 
    All in all it was a great shower, with great family and friends. My mom did an amazing job of putting it all together, and deserves major props! Now this little boy needs to get here so he can enjoy all of his loot!
Photobucket

6 comments:

Danielle Leal said...

They are the cutest couple!!!
It looks like you had a great time!
i love baby showers they are so much fun!
Have a great day lovely!
:D

Claire Kiefer said...

Goodness gracious alive, your brother and sister-in-law are both smokin' hot. That is going to be one attractive baby!

Meri said...

hehe- that texting onesie is too cute. And I think you look like your mama!

Michelle (michabella) said...

Cute pictures!!! Love that onesie! And I think you look most like your dad but when you stand next to each of them you have similarities!! :)

Jenni Austria Germany said...

your blog header is SO adorable.

Kara Endres said...

They are a really cute couple! Looks like a lot of good fun :)

For the art, I draw the outlines by hand and then add color digitally.

http://sprinklesinsprings.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...